About Family Solutions
Welcome to Family Solutions. The people we serve are at the center of their care: values, beliefs, and preferences are honored when we work together as equal partners to achieve positive outcomes. We offer a comprehensive array of mental health services for children, adolescents, and families. See Programs for our full list of services.
Family Solutions provides mental health services, creating opportunities for healing with children, adults, and families.
Family Solutions demonstrates the person-centered philosophy in a variety of ways including:
- Input is solicited from persons served regarding their satisfaction with services and suggestions as to how our services may be improved.
- Persons served are viewed as equal partners when planning and delivering services. We strive to offer services in a flexible manner whenever possible to meet the individualized needs of the person served.
- Staff uses positive and empowering communication, the sharing of information, and providing resources that may assist the person served.
- Family Solutions provides a safe physical environment. We strive to create a comfortable home-like atmosphere for persons residing in day treatment, proctor foster care, and group home programs. These programs offer enriching recreational activities and nutritious food that cater to personal preferences.
- A compassionate and welcoming atmosphere is provided in which persons who are served feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and feelings, asking questions, and making requests. Staff will respond with understanding, respect and responsiveness.
- Preferences of the person served to have family, friends, and/or other individuals involved in their care is always honored, providing that the inclusion of others is deemed in the best interest of the person served and approved by a legal guardian, when applicable.
Family Solutions Notice of Privacy Practices
Our Person-Centered Philosophy
Family Solutions embraces a person-centered approach based on values promoted by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We believe that the persons we serve:
- Have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- Will have access to the services that will achieve optimal results
- Will feel empowered to make informed choices
Persons receiving care from Family Solutions entrust the staff with knowledge of their life experiences, their thoughts and feelings, emotional pain, and trauma. It is our responsibility to earn and respect the confidence and trust they place in us.
The persons we serve take an active role in their treatment. We recognize the individuality of each person served and strive to customize services and supports to best meet their unique needs, traits, culture, and preferences. We regularly request feedback and modify service plans as needed.
Family Solutions represents the combination of two formerly independent agencies: Southern Oregon Child Study & Treatment Center (SOCSTC) which was founded in 1972, and Family Friends, founded in 1984. We first began exploring the idea of combining our organizations in fall 2008. Our successful 15-month partnership culminated in officially becoming one agency in January 2010.
Together, we provide a continuum of mental health services to children, youths, and their families. Our name, Family Solutions, reflects our commitment to preserving individual and family integrity by helping children and families build on their innate strengths. Family Solutions empowers participants by guiding them through the process of identifying and implementing solutions to their problems.
The organization began as one of six Day and Residential Treatment Services (DARTS) model programs throughout the State of Oregon as part of an effort to develop community-based alternatives to the institutional placement of children. These program models were replicated in other counties throughout Oregon and continue to be an integral part of the state’s services for children. These services maintain the original focus of serving children in their home community, in the least-restricted setting, with a strong emphasis on family involvement throughout the treatment process.
Our Board Members
Roy Lindsay, President
Ralph Wallis, Vice President
Lana McGregor, Secretary/Treasurer
Sharon Simpson, Member
Paul Ferris, Member
Tom Gunderson, Member
Don Bear, Member
William Cowell, Member
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
We are able to make this important work possible through the generous support of our community, nonprofit partners, and individuals who feel called to support the mental health needs of children and families. Help us help children in Southern Oregon.